From: Willie Wong <wwong@×××××××××.EDU>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Enlightenment segfaults?
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 17:05:56
1 I was away from my computer for one week, and so ran a massive update
2 on sunday night. After the update, on Monday morning, I woke up to
3 find my xsession ended with a message on the console that said
4 something to the effect that Enlightenment segfaulted, because some
5 supporting library tries to access memory that it shouldn't be
6 accessing.
7
8 I dismissed it as enlightenment throwing a hissy fit.
9
10 But the same thing happened again this morning. The problem is, I
11 don't quite know how to diagnose it. /var/log/Xorg.log only tells me
12 it caught sig 11 and will die.
13
14 Honestly, I don't think running strace will be the best idea yet, I'd
15 like to save it as a last possibility, for the only reason that I
16 don't even know how to reproduce the crash. X was up and running
17 yesterday for over 14 hours, and enlightenment just crashed in the
18 middle of the night.
19
20 So: what logs should I check and how should I find out what exactly
21 is causing the problem?
22
23 W
24 --
25 Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd
26 be sitting around in darkened rooms munching pills and listening to repetitive
27 music.
28 Sortir en Pantoufles: up 1 day, 16:24
29 --
30 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list