From: Willie Wong <wwong@×××××××××.EDU>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Enlightenment segfaults?
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 17:05:56
I was away from my computer for one week, and so ran a massive update
on sunday night. After the update, on Monday morning, I woke up to
find my xsession ended with a message on the console that said
something to the effect that Enlightenment segfaulted, because some
supporting library tries to access memory that it shouldn't be
accessing.

I dismissed it as enlightenment throwing a hissy fit.

But the same thing happened again this morning. The problem is, I
don't quite know how to diagnose it. /var/log/Xorg.log only tells me
it caught sig 11 and will die.

Honestly, I don't think running strace will be the best idea yet, I'd
like to save it as a last possibility, for the only reason that I
don't even know how to reproduce the crash. X was up and running
yesterday for over 14 hours, and enlightenment just crashed in the
middle of the night.

So: what logs should I check and how should I find out what exactly
is causing the problem?

--
Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd
be sitting around in darkened rooms munching pills and listening to repetitive