From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Since when does module-rebuild delete modules for previous kernel version?
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2021 13:34:41
1 On Sat, 10 Jul 2021 11:22:38 +0300, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
2
3 > Right. However, it's obvious I've hit a portage inconsistency here. For
4 > example, when I use:
5 >
6 > CONFIG_PROTECT="blah"
7 >
8 > in make.conf, "blah" is appended to CONFIG_PROTECT. But for whatever
9 > reason, this is not the case for UNINSTALL_IGNORE. It completely nukes
10 > the default value instead. I had to change this to:
11 >
12 > UNINSTALL_IGNORE="${UNINSTALL_IGNORE} /usr/src"
13
14 I've seen these inconsistencies before. The documentation usually states
15 when a variable's contents are replaced rather than appended to, so I'd
16 suggest a bug report against the make.conf man page.
20 Neil Bothwick
21
22 "Everything takes longer than expected, even when you take
23 into account Hoffstead's Law." - Hoffstead's Law