From: "Jesús Guerrero" <6thpink@×××××.es>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gmail + Email Client = No way
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2006 15:10:51
1 El Domingo, 27 de Agosto de 2006 01:37, Samuel Baldwin escribió:
2 > For last year or so, I've been using Gmail with Firefox, all in browser,
3 > and have wanted to move to a local email client (using Thunderbird or
4 > Sylpheed-Claws).
5 > Unfortunately, the only time I have had any success with this was with the
6 > Windows port of Thunderbird. Otherwise, it only grabs about a hundred or so
7 > emails at a time, and will never get the latest emails. As well, the time
8 > coding is all messed up. I've got a few emails from 1904, and for some
9 > reason the 06/08/03 (2006 - August - 3rd, strange order) appear before the
10 > 06/08/22 emails, no matter what I do. I've repeatedly gone to gmail >
11 > settings > forwarding and POP and chose "all emails", but whatever client
12 > will most definately not grab all emails. I know other gmail users that
13 > have been very successful with email clients, and I would very much like to
14 > be one of them.
15 >
16 > Is there a setting that needs to be switched on that I missed? Do I need to
17 > just abandon the whole thing?
18 >
19 > Thanks,
20 Look for net-mail/freepops, thru it, ANY mail client should be able to access
21 hotmail and gmail (or any other web based) mail.
22
23 Jesús.
26 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list