From: meino.cramer@×××.de
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Ecrypts-questions
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 05:31:32
1 Hi,
2
3 currently I am experimenting and using Ecryptfs to encrypt single
4 directories.
5 I am using a passphrase as key.
6 When creating a new crypted directory, ecryptsfs writes to
7 /root/.ecryptfs
10 I dont know the role of the stuff written to that file.
11 What happens, if this file gets accidently lost?
12 What happens, if I create more than one crypted directory
13 of the same name (but of different paths)?
14 How can I delete completely a crypted directory -- I mean
15 what do I have to do beside 'rm -rf <dir>'?
16
17 Unfortunately I didnt find a howto/tutorial on the web which
18 answers questions beside "How to create a crypted dir with ecryptfs".
19 Where can I find answers to questions like those above without diving
20 deeply into the source and the theory of Cryptography ? :)
21
22 Thank you very much in advance for any help!
23 Best regards
24 mcc