From: Etaoin Shrdlu <shrdlu@×××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] <OT> The Real Darkside...
Date: Sat, 09 Sep 2006 20:28:29
1 On Saturday 9 September 2006 22:12, Daniel Waeber wrote:
2
3 > > Although she promised that when the NTFS drivers for Linux are
4 > > developed adequately to allow her to work on her NTFS stored data
5 > > from both OS, she will make an effort to migrate. Let's see . . .
6 >
7 > hey, that's now
8 >
9 > Have a look at the captive ntfs driver [1]
10 > They use the binary Windows drivers for ntfs and simulate the windows
11 > kenerl calls. Therefore it is totally save (or at least as save as the
12 > m$ driver ;))
13 > I never tried it, becaues I have no ntfs partitions, but it sounds
14 > good and its already in the ports-tree.
15
16 No need for captive anymore, ntfs-g3 is open source, is in portage and
17 works fine.
18 --
19 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list