From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] About ready to move /usr, /var and /home to LVM.
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2012 01:25:33
1 Dale wrote:
2 > Howdy,
3 >
4 > Well, it appears we got the init thingy working. I'm about ready to
5 > move things around since one of my drives is about full and I need a
6 > spare to move things around with. I use cp -a to copy things while
7 > booted from a USB stick do hicky. So far, that has always worked and is
8 > pretty fast. I do have a question tho.
9 >
10 > When I copy this over, do I still need to copy over null, console and
11 > such to /dev? I know I don't need everything in /dev but do recall
12 > needing those in the past. Has this changed since I'm using the init
13 > thingy? Am I forgetting one? I thought there was three.
14 >
15 > Anything else that could be a gotcha? I plan to move this twice. Once
16 > to the spare drive, repartition the OS drive then copy things back over
17 > again. It's been a while and with LVM about to be used, I hope it is
18 > the last time.
19 >
20 > Thanks.
21 >
22 > Dale
23 >
24 > :-) :-)
28 One more question. Currently /usr is on / and that is the way it was
29 when I built the init thingy. Do I need to rebuild the init thingy so
30 that it knows /usr is on a separate partition and will mount it or will
31 it know that when it reboots?
32
33 Thanks again for all the help. Already headed off a couple problems.
34
35 Dale
36
40 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or
41 how you interpreted my words!
42
43 Miss the compile output? Hint:
44 EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--quiet-build=n"