From: Michael Haubenwallner <haubi@g.o>
To: james <garftd@×××××××.net>
Cc: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: gentoo robot vacuum
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2019 07:16:29
1 On 10/4/19 2:13 AM, james wrote:
2 > Gentoo community,
3 >
4 > Robotic vacuum cleaners are all the rage nowadays.
5 > I'd like to buy/build one, that also has remote camera (so I can see what troubles it is having by reviewing stored video) find it easy, and make sure it's not just banging against the wall. I'm not so interested in a slick, massively miniturized model, as much as I am
6 > something where I can get to the firmware, or is completely open sourced; so I can fix/enhance the thing.
7 > If it's already done, then my searches have missed it, or a community work on such linux centric solutions to automating home/small-office flooring.
8 >
9 > Anyone know of such a robotic vacuum that is basically very open, if not completely open source?
10 >
11 > Gentoo friendly vaccuum?
12
13 Not sure about their Gentoo friendlyness, maturity or current activity,
14 but here are some search results:
15 https://github.com/wpietri/sucks
16 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IRobot_Create
17 https://hackaday.io/project/165537-the-diyson-an-open-source-cyclone-vacuum-cleaner