From: Helmut Jarausch <jarausch@××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] dynamic libraries - tree view ?
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 08:24:20
1 Hi,
2
3 on one of my machines, googleearth crashes. An
4 ldd /opt/googleearth/googleearth.bin | grep crypto
5 shows that it tries to load both
6 /usr/lib32/libcrypto.so.0.9.8 and /usr/lib32/libcrypto.so.1.0.0
9 On a different machine it only loads /usr/lib32/libcrypto.so.1.0.0
10 and does not crash.
11
12 So, how can I find out the tree of dynamic libraries.
13 Probably these dynamic libraries are not loaded directly but
14 indirectly by some other dynamic library.
15
16 Is there anything better than invoking ldd for each dynamic library
17 which is loaded by an application to see how it got loaded?
18
19 Many thanks for a hint,
20 Helmut.