From: covici@××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [~amd64 + nvidia-drivers] Recent updates of mesa, xorg-server, eselect-opengl driving me nuts
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2015 14:24:27
1 Heiko Baums <lists@××××××××××××.de> wrote:
2
3 > Am 17.01.2015 um 10:00 schrieb covici@××××××××××.com:
4 > >
5 > > Thanks -- you just saved me a bunch of time -- I just masked off the
6 > > eselect-opengl version and hopefully this will not happen to me.
7 >
8 > Not really possible since this eselect-opengl version is a dependency
9 > for quite a lot of packages like xorg-server, nvidia-drivers and all of
10 > their dependencies. The previous working eselect-opengl is not in the
11 > portage tree anymore, only an even older version of it.
12 >
13 > Just edit the two files as suggested in the bug reports. You just need
14 > to remember to edit 20opengl again after running `eselect opengl set` or
15 > set the file permissions so that it can't be overwritten.
16
17 OK, thanks.
21 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
22 How do
23 you spend it?
24
25 John Covici