From: Arve Barsnes <arve.barsnes@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] pycharm-community vs pycharm-professional
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2018 07:57:20
1 On Sun, 16 Sep 2018 at 09:15, gevisz <gevisz@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Thank you for your reply. Does it means that pycharm-professional package
3 > in Gentoo will not work or will not install without providing a license number
4 > from JetBrains or something like that?
5 >
6 > On the official pycharm site, the professional version of pycharm is provided
7 > with 30-day trial period. After end of that trial period, the
8 > professional license
9 > should be bought. That let me wonder if some payment will be necessary
10 > for using pycharm-professional in Gentoo as well from the very beginning.
11 > I just have not formulated it clearly in my initial question.
14 It is the same package as you get from JetBrains, so you still get the
15 30 days trial.
16
17 Cheers,
18 Arve