From: Daniel Iliev <danny@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] drift: cron, emerge and mail
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 15:24:52
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 >
3 > All logs go into $PORT_LOGDIR (usually /var/log/portage) if it is
4 > defined. These are the full output of each emerge command, plus another
5 > file containing the elog/ewarn/einfo/error output. The ELOG files contain
6 > only the e-messages you specify and go in $PORT_LOGDIR/elog. So you
7 > should be seeing logfiles in both if everything is working correctly.
8 >
9 > Note that not all ebuilds output e-messages, so you won't get ELOG info
10 > for every package you emerge.
15 That was it! Thanks, Neil!
16
17 I was testing with "emerge -C tcpdump ; emerge tcpdump". After your mail
18 i tried "emerge -1 media-fonts/font-adobe-100dpi" and I got mail.
19
20 Now here goes my next question: is there a way to get via email the
21 portage output for all packages?
22
23 Let me explain what I'm trying to do. I want to automate "emerge --sync
24 && emerge -DuNv world" with a cron job and to receive mails for the
25 portage activities. I really don't need all the gcc output. I only need
26 the portage "info warn error" messages in order to know if I have to do
27 "dispatch-conf", if some package has failed and if there is some
28 important note about changes in the structure/functionality of a given
29 package.
30 Is there a "gentoo way" to achieve this functionality or I have to do it
31 "my way"?
34 Best regards,
35 Daniel
39 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list