From: Dan Farrell <dan@×××××××××.cx>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Bug in /etc/init.d/netmount?
Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2007 22:43:08
1 On Fri, 5 Oct 2007 14:33:02 +0200
2 Matthias Fechner <idefix@×××××××.net> wrote:
3
4 > Hi,
5 >
6 > I have here a gentoo diskless system which boots over pxeboot and
7 > mount everything over NFS from my big Gentoo server.
8 >
9 > But at shutdown I get the error message:
10 > Failed to simply unmount filesystems
11 > Unmounting network filesystems (retry #1) ...
12 > INIT: no more processes left in this runlevel
13 >
14 > After some investigation I found a work-around.
15 > I deleted the line
16 > [[ -z $(umount -art ${rcfilesystems} 2>&1) ]]
17 > in /etc/init.d/netmount (function stop() )
18 >
19 > I think the problem here is that netmount unmounts all partitions
20 > (including /) and so the shutdown process cannot be continued.
21 >
22 > Should not netmount skip unmounting / ?
23 >
24 > Best regards,
25 > Matthias
28 AFAIK you are correct, this is a bug in a few of the initscripts that
29 don't behave sensibly if the root fs is network mounted.
30
31 Another one that gets messed up is IPTAbles. I didn't think much of it
32 because I figured I was the only person in the world crazy enough to
33 have a diskless router/firewall.
34
35 Interestingly, some of my diskless hosts do all right with this, others
36 fail to shut down.
39 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list