From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: minimal installation CD iso is where?, &&
Date: Sat, 08 Aug 2015 14:36:52
1 J. Rutkowski <jrtk <at> kow.io> writes:
4 > > There was no installer other than the handbook.
5
6 OOppssee........ there was I have several images::
7
8 livecd-amd64-installer-2008.0-r1.iso
9
10 > There was the former Gentoo installer project [1] but it was
11 > discontinued in 2009. The source is still available [2]
12
13 > [1] https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Installer/Old
14 > [2] https://gitweb.gentoo.org/proj/gli.git/about/
17 Yes the second link look to have some/all(?) the sources.
18
19 My GIT (kunf_fu) is more like Kung_pow_chicken.....
20
21 I doubt that archive was origially on GIT?
22
23 Anyway could somebody post the steps to download/replicate the
24 entire rep0, say into a dir (/usr/local/portage/app-install/)
27 Just to make sure I dont screw things up a bit. I also
28 have many old (iso) images I found squirrelled away on my systems.
29
30 I do not know about these images, but they seem to be OK?
31
32 http://www.filewatcher.com/m/livecd-i686-installer-2008.0-r1.iso.721944576-0.html
35 Also, if you read muffblaster's pages, another dev was working on the
36 installer as recent at june 2015, in bash. He announced as the other
37 dev stopped working on the installer.
38
39 > J. Rutkowski
40
41 THANKS!