From: Caveman Al Toraboran <toraboracaveman@××××××××××.com>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Cc: "lembark@×××××××.com" <lembark@×××××××.com>
Subject: Re: [OBORONA-SPAM] Re: [gentoo-user] Is Gentoo dead?
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2020 16:37:59
1 On Friday, April 24, 2020 12:27 AM, Steven Lembark <lembark@×××××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > Main issue I can see with C is that most people today don't know how
4 > to manage memory; not enough of us left who really understand how
5 > malloc works :-)
6
7 i find it very hard to believe this. because,
8 fundamentally, the concept of malloc/free is the
9 same concept that we expect a 5 years old kid to
10 know.
11
12 e.g. we tell kids ``return all balls back into the
13 bucket before you leave the room'', which is
14 exactly the concept of malloc/free.
15
16 probably we can even train monkeys to do the same
17 (return all taken balls back before leaving).
18
19 so i really can't believe that we have devolved in
20 such a way where malloc/free suddenly has became a
21 hard concept for homo sapiens.