From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] opengl - howto get rid of Nvidia
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2009 10:14:08
1 On Samstag 21 Februar 2009, Helmut Jarausch wrote:
2 > On 21 Feb, Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
3 > > On Samstag 21 Februar 2009, Helmut Jarausch wrote:
4 > >> Hi,
5 > >>
6 > >> I have switched from a machine with Nvidia (proprietary) graphics driver
7 > >> to a machine with onboard radeonhd device.
8 > >>
9 > >> Now when reemerging xorg-server or trying to eselect opengl
10 > >> it always tries to find Nvidia's opengl.
11 > >>
12 > >> Of course, I have unmerged the nvidia driver.
13 > >>
14 > >> How can I get rid of the Nvidia heritage?
15 > >>
16 > >> Many thanks for a hint,
17 > >> Helmut.
18 > >
19 > > you probably have some dangling symlinks left. That happens when you
20 > > unmerge first, eselect later. eselect can not deal with dangling symlinks
21 > > - it fails silently. So, check for broken symlinks, remove them, then run
22 > > eselect again.
23 >
24 > Thanks, can you please tell me where to search for these dangling
25 > symlinks?
26 >
27 > Helmut.
28
29 all over /usr/lib ;)
30
31 easiest way to fix it, would be running 'symlinks'
32
33 eix symlinks
34 [I] app-misc/symlinks
35 Available versions: 1.2-r2 {static}
36 Installed versions: 1.2-r2(18:07:20 20.06.2008)(-static)
37 Homepage: http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/utils/file/
39 symlinks