From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Usign ansible
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2015 08:43:32
1 sorry ... still a bit OT but maybe interesting for others as well:
4 Yesterday I started to modify the following ansible role to fit my needs
5 and work with gentoo target hosts:
6
7 https://github.com/debops/ansible-dhcpd
8
9 I modified tasks/main.yml (use portage ... install iproute2 as well) and
10 edited defaults/main.yml to reflect the environment of site A at first.
13 my first testing playbook:
14
15 ---
16 - hosts: site-A-dhcpd
17 user: root
18 roles:
19 - ansible-dhcpd
20
21 Now I wonder how to use the same role for configuring site B.
22
23 defaults/main.yml currently contains the config (vars ... yes) for site
24 A ...
25
26 A copy of the role is way too redundant ...
27
28 What is the/a correct and elegant way to do that?
29
30 Have a defaults/site-B.conf.yml or something and include that in a 2nd
31 playbook?
32
33 Use some file in the vars/ directory ... ?
36 I am quite sure that this is just a beginner's problem ... but in these
37 days my brain is a bit exhausted by my current workload etc
38
39 Thanks for any hints, Stefan!