From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Can't boot btrfs
Date: Sat, 01 Aug 2015 13:44:06
1 On Friday 31 July 2015 21:47:01 James wrote:
2 > Rich Freeman <rich0 <at> gentoo.org> writes:
3 > > > As many know, I have made many failed attempts to get btrfs in raid 1
4 > > > working on gentoo, and have to this date, failed.
5 > >
6 > > Interesting. I've never had any problems with it. I boot using
7 > > grub2+dracut with root on a single-device btrfs, and /usr on a
8 > > multi-device raid1 btrfs (and dracut mounts both).
9 >
10 > We should focus on Peter's needs, as this is his thread.
11
12 Well, thanks, but for the time being I've abandoned the attempt and restored
13 the original system (and lost the last two days' e-mails - what an oaf).
14
15 I read your advice about starting with one disk and adding the other later,
16 but then I contemplated going through all that yet again and risk it still not
17 booting, and I decided to stop and wait for some improvement in the code or
18 the documents. Besides, it seems from my worsening error rate that /anno
19 domini/ is taking its toll on my three remaining brain cells.
20
21 My suspicion is that the BIOS and chipset on this old Asus P7P55D motherboard
22 need some kind of special setup.
23
24 Thanks to all for your help - I'm sure to need it again!
27 Rgds
28 Peter