From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] march=k8 for AthlonX2?
Date: Fri, 02 May 2008 22:08:23
1 Sorry about all the noise today. I guess it goes with building a new
2 architecture for the first time.
3
4 I am going to run 32-bit Gentoo on an AMD64 dual processor laptop.
5 Would I be making a reasonably good setting using this in make.conf?
6
7 CFLAGS="-O2 -march=k8 -pipe"
8 CXXFLAGS="-O2 -march=k8 -pipe"
9
10 I referenced this page to try to decide:
11
12 http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc/i386-and-x86_002d64-Options.html
13
14 My single processor AND64 Gentoo machine uses k8. Not sure if I should
15 change anything for a dual processor.
16
17 If someone is running a machine like that and can provide a complete
18 make.conf file that would be great.
19
20 Thanks,
21 Mark
24 laptop1 linux # cat /proc/cpuinfo
25 processor : 0
26 vendor_id : AuthenticAMD
27 cpu family : 15
28 model : 104
29 model name : AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor TK-53
30 stepping : 1
31 cpu MHz : 1700.000
32 cache size : 256 KB
33 physical id : 0
34 siblings : 2
35 core id : 0
36 cpu cores : 2
37 fdiv_bug : no
38 hlt_bug : no
39 f00f_bug : no
40 coma_bug : no
41 fpu : yes
42 fpu_exception : yes
43 cpuid level : 1
44 wp : yes
45 flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge
46 mca cmov pat pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 ht syscall nx mmxext
47 fxsr_opt rdtscp lm 3dnowext 3dnow pni cx16 lahf_lm cmp_legacy svm
48 extapic cr8_legacy 3dnowprefetch ts fid vid ttp tm stc 100mhzsteps
49 bogomips : 3418.67
50 clflush size : 64
51
52 processor : 1
53 vendor_id : AuthenticAMD
54 cpu family : 15
55 model : 104
56 model name : AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor TK-53
57 stepping : 1
58 cpu MHz : 1700.000
59 cache size : 256 KB
60 physical id : 0
61 siblings : 2
62 core id : 1
63 cpu cores : 2
64 fdiv_bug : no
65 hlt_bug : no
66 f00f_bug : no
67 coma_bug : no
68 fpu : yes
69 fpu_exception : yes
70 cpuid level : 1
71 wp : yes
72 flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge
73 mca cmov pat pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 ht syscall nx mmxext
74 fxsr_opt rdtscp lm 3dnowext 3dnow pni cx16 lahf_lm cmp_legacy svm
75 extapic cr8_legacy 3dnowprefetch ts fid vid ttp tm stc 100mhzsteps
76 bogomips : 3415.56
77 clflush size : 64
78
79 laptop1 linux #