From: Zeerak Waseem <zeerak.w@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Keyboard not working as user, works as root (kde)
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2009 22:02:44
1 Hey,
2
3 I did an update lat night and my keyboard stopped working. What makes me
4 wonder though is that if x starts on it's own then i can type my password
5 and i get in, and then the keyboard stops working. If i change to another
6 tty and start x as root, there are no such issues (also starting x as user
7 from tty doesn't do anything about the keyboard not working).
8
9 These are the packages the update pulled in:
10
11 x11-libs/libX11-1.3.2
12 11-libs/libvdpau-0.3
13 app-admin/eselect-1.2.8
14 www-client/opera-10.10_pre4742
15
16 I tried downgrading to a stable build of libX11 but that didn't seem to
17 change anything.
18
19 I'm using a laptop and don't have an extern keyboard at hand to test. What
20 does more to boggle me is that the touchpad is functioning as it should.
21
22 Help?
24 Zeerak