From: Adam Carter <adamcarter3@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] root fs moved, but no init
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 10:27:33
1 On Mon, Jul 25, 2011 at 5:57 PM, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 > On Sun, 24 Jul 2011 09:49:21 +1000, Adam Carter wrote:
3 >
4 >> When booting the kernel successfully mounts /dev/sdb3 as root fs
5 >> Then the system halts at one of the freeing memory messages, but I
6 >> assume the problem is that init isn't executed from /dev/sdb3
7 >
8 > Doesn't the kernel say something along the lines of "unable to run" init"
9 > when it can't find it. You can test whether it is getting as far as
10 > trying to run init by adding "init=/bin/sh" to your kernel options, which
11 > should drop you straight into a shell.
12
13 No message about init, just no more console messages. I'll try the
14 kernel line. Thanks.