From: Hans-Werner Hilse <hilse@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Postfix + Auth with SASL
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 16:04:52
1 Hi,
2
3 On Wed, 19 Jul 2006 12:07:33 -0300
4 "Leandro Melo de Sales" <leandroal@×××××.com> wrote:
5
6 > Hi! I'm trying to setup postfix with authentication. I have
7 > PAM/NSSwitch configured to use LDAP backend. I also installed
8 > cyrus-sasl, but when I test authentication I got some errors. What I'm
9 > doing wrong? Some relevant information:
10 >
11 > /etc/sasl2/smtpd.conf
12 >
13 > pwcheck_method:pam
14
15 Shouldn't that be /usr/lib/sasl/smtpd.conf by default? Public available
16 documentation suggest so. I must admit that I don't run cyrus sasl on
17 Gentoo, currently. And the documentation suggests "PAM" instead of
18 "pam".
19
20 Note that authentication using PAM is only used for plain text
21 authentication (i.e. not for CRAM-MD5 or DIGEST-MD5). So I have these
22 additional lines in my config:
23
24 mech_list: plain login
25
26 but I don't really know if it does anything at all (I'm hesitating to
27 deactivate it and risk inavailability of service...)
28
29 -hwh
30 --
31 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list