From: "Jc García" <jyo.garcia@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] chatting with the customer
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2015 13:35:55
1 2015-01-23 4:24 GMT-06:00 Stefan G. Weichinger <lists@×××××.at>:
2 >
3 > I communicate with an admin at a customer ...
4 >
5 > we write dozens of emails and tickets and often it would be simpler to
6 > have some kind of chat or so.
7 >
8 > I'd like to avoid skype etc ... so I think of installing something on
9 > one of their gentoo-servers that allows us to run a simple chat.
10 >
11 > I run (surprise) gentoo with Gnome 3.14 ... he runs Windows 7 or 8 ...
12 >
13 > What could I set up?
14 >
15 > Maybe useable with gnome empathy?
16 > With a simple windows-client for the other side?
17 >
18 A Murmur server is fairly easy and quick to install, and you get text
19 and audio encrypted by default, the mumble client is very user
20 friendly also.
21 The good old Jabber(XMPP) might be another option with empathy as
22 client. or even easier make an IRC channel on freenode you can limit
23 the access, and the user can simply use the web interface[1].
24
25 [1] https://webchat.freenode.net/