From: Bruno Lustosa <bruno.lists@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Slooooow gnome dialog
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2007 16:25:21
1 Hello.
2
3 I'm using audacious as my music player, and having all sorts of trouble with it.
4 As it's a gnome application, it uses all of its dialog windows.
5 For example, when I press the eject to add files, it opens the gnome
6 open dialog. And here starts the problems.
7 As a background, I have my /home mounted via NFS.
8 When I try to switch into my home dir, it takes a few seconds to
9 display it all. I don't know why it takes so much to simply render my
10 home dir.
11 The real annoying problem is when I try to enter my 'mp3' directory by
12 typing it. It's not a real directory, but rather a symlink to another
13 mounted partition where my mp3 files are.
14 If I simply type 'mp3' and press enter, audacious freezes and starts
15 consuming 100% cpu.
16 It seems to be ignoring that 'mp3' is not a symlink, and try adding
17 all files inside it recursively, consuming lots of memory and all cpu.
18 If I double click 'mp3', it shows fine.
19 However, this is most annoying. Don't know if this is an audacious
20 specific bug, it seems to be a problem with the gnome libraries
21 somewhere.
22 Anyone can reproduce this?
23
24 Thanks