From: Raymond Lillard <rlillard@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] how to archive all mail?
Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2005 20:10:58
1 Jarry wrote:
2 > I have a question concerning sendmail: my employer requires, that
3 > all email-communication must be archived, both incomming and outgoing.
4 > Personally, I don't like this at all, but he has right to do this
5 > (at least according to our law)...
6 >
7 > Now he wants me to set this up, but frankly, I do not know how
8 > (I'm using sendmail as MTA). Could someone give me some hint?
9
10 I manage a mail server with Sendmail/Dovecot/Procmail on OpenBSD.
11 The business owner asked for the same thing. My solution was to
12 add the "synonym" milter to sendmail. It has worked flawlessly
13 for over a year. I use rsync each night to copy the archived files
14 off to a file server for tape backup.
15
16 http://www.modulo.ro/synonym/
17
18 I just checked and synonym does not appear to be in Portage, but
19 adding it to sendmail isn't difficult. Mail me if you need help.
20
21 Regards,
22 Ray
26 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list