From: "»Q«" <boxcars@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: module-init-tools : masked opponent
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2013 00:29:28
1 On Sat, 9 Mar 2013 08:07:45 -0500
2 Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net> wrote:
3
4 > Doing my usual Saturday system update, I saw a prominent msg
5 > telling me that 'module-init-tools' has been masked
6 > & to use 'kmod' or 'modutils' -- the msgs vary -- to replace it.
7 > When I did so (both), Nvidia wouldn't start, even after remerging it.
8 > Back with 'module-init-tools' -- now in 'package.unmask' -- all is
9 > well.
10 >
11 > Does anyone know what's going on ? -- did I miss a 'news' item ?
12
13 ISTR you start with USE="-*". When you built kmod, was it with the
14 tools flag enabled? The virtual requires it, so probably you did, but I
15 thought it was worth asking.
16
17 I went with kmod because of what the masking comment for
18 module-init-tools said, and I haven't noticed any
19 trouble. I've got nvidia-drivers-310.32. I know, WFM doesn't help
20 much. Sorry, and good luck!