From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] glibc 2.13 warning
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2011 12:22:04
1 On Tue, 08 Feb 2011 12:37:41 +0100, Helmut Jarausch wrote:
2
3 > > Don't install glibc-2.13 if you either use prelinking or run postfix.
4 > > After testing it on my netbook, which uses neither, I installed it on
5 > > my
6 > > desktop and home server and broke both.
7 >
8 > Has anybody tried this
9 > http://psykil.livejournal.com/340806.html
10
11 That's the fix for the prelinking problem, which is covered in more
12 detail in the forum thread it links to, especially how to recover when
13 you get a kernel panic.
14
15 The postfix issue is separate and needs a glibc downgrade to fix.
19 Neil Bothwick
20
21 War does not determine who is right -- only who is left.