From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] New java-config package with no java installed?
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2006 08:36:34
1 On 25/06/06, Rumen Yotov <rumen@××××××.org> wrote:
2 > Alexander Skwar wrote:
3 [snip . . . ]
4 > > On the other hand, he has set USE=-java for libidn (at least), so
5 > > why is it pulling in java-config? It doesn't make much sense, does
6 > > it? In the libidn ebuild, I find:
7
8 I suspect that it has something to do with the latest portage-2.1-r1
9 update or the one before. Up until now the -java default USE flag
10 seemed to do the trick.
11
12 > IIRC portage still can't handle USE-flag dependencies, some
13 > feature-requests are in Bugzilla. Devs are working though.
14 > OT:there're at least two other alt. package managers in development, so
15 > lets hope this is for good.
16
17 Is ity worth me adding to a bug report? Would you perhaps have a bug No handy?
18
19 Thanks for all your responses.
20 --
21 Regards,