From: Michael Cook <mcook@××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Missing keyword. Overlay question too, maybe.
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2022 16:07:56
1 On 2/19/22 10:54, Dale wrote:
2 > Howdy,
3 >
4 > I'm just going to point to the gentoo page for this but I'd like to know
5 > why something is in the tree if it is not available to anyone due to
6 > missing keywords.
7 >
8 > https://packages.gentoo.org/packages/app-office/libreoffice
9 >
10 > Also, I noticed I have packages coming in from overlays or something I
11 > don't have installed/enabled here, if they are overlays.  This is one
12 > recent example.
15 > root@fireball / # equery list -po firefox
16 >  * Searching for firefox ...
17 > [-P-] [  ] www-client/firefox-91.6.0:esr
18 > [IP-] [  ] www-client/firefox-97.0.1:rapid
19 > root@fireball / #
22 > Part of me thinks that is a overlay however, no such overlay exists.  Is
23 > this a new way for devs to set slots for packages?  I've seen overlay
24 > names there before but never noticed this.  I've also seen slot version
25 > numbers before but not this.  Anyone else notice this and have more info
26 > on it?
27 >
28 > Thanks much.
29 >
30 > Dale
31 >
35 I don't think those versions of libreoffice are ready for testing basically.
36
37 Those are slots. `equery list -po` will show an O in the first [] set if
38 it's in an overlay.