From: Frank Steinmetzger <Warp_7@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Alternative to firefox?
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 01:07:04
1 On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 07:47:51PM -0200, Claudio Roberto França Pereira wrote:
2 > > Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com> [14.02.2012. @12:41:25 -0800]:
3 > >
4 > > Has anyone found a GUI alternative to firefox they like that's in
5 > > portage?  Something minimal preferably but with flash support?
6 > >
7 > > - Grant
8 >
9 > Check Vimperator for Firefox, and also uzbl (uzbl-browser or uzbl-tabbed).
10
11 If you go the vimperator way, _definitely_ check out pentadactyl[1] also. At
12 some point in time and space, the main devs (according to the penta website)
13 left the vimperator project and forked pentadactyl.
14
15 (The FAQ covers why there was a fork in the first place).
16
17 [1] http://dactyl.sourceforge.net/pentadactyl/
18 --
19 Gruß | Greetings | Qapla'
20 I forbid any use of my email addresses with Facebook services.
21
22 The most dangerous thing about half-wisdom is
23 that almost half of it is actually believed.