From: Nevynxxx <nevyn@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [obscenely OT] A good SMTP server?
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 2009 15:33:11
1 brullo nulla wrote:
2 > I don't think this is a solution. I am using a laptop, and how can I
3 > reach my postfix server (assuming that I have another machine to use
4 > as it, which I don't have) from everywhere?
7 Ahh, that bit's easy, a firewall rule and SASL, or Squirrelmail, or run
8 postfix locally on the laptop.
9 > In any case it is kinda insane that one has to build a SMTP server to
10 > workaround this.
11 >
12 Yes, it is overkill, and I wasn't trying to recommend it. Postfix uses
13 the same SMTP protocols/ports etc as your mail client should do, so what
14 I was implying was, if I can do it through Virgin's SMTP, why can't you?
15 I don't know the answer to that though....