From: Ian Zimmerman <itz@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Something started muting the sound
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2017 18:43:41
On 2017-08-12 13:21, John Covici wrote:

> How about checking the various volumes rather than muting maybe some > of them are 0 or rather some negative number or something? Also, you > might delete the asound.state and let the system start over. Last > resort, there is an alsa users mailing list. > > One other thought, get pulse audio out of the way and see if alsa is > working.
To clarify: it works for me (TM), I don't need a solution. I am just curious because I don't heed the warning and it still works. My volumes are not the defaults, and they do get restored. -- Please don't Cc: me privately on mailing lists and Usenet, if you also post the followup to the list or newsgroup. Do obvious transformation on domain to reply privately _only_ on Usenet.