From: Ian Zimmerman <itz@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Something started muting the sound
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2017 18:43:41
1 On 2017-08-12 13:21, John Covici wrote:
2
3 > How about checking the various volumes rather than muting maybe some
4 > of them are 0 or rather some negative number or something? Also, you
5 > might delete the asound.state and let the system start over. Last
6 > resort, there is an alsa users mailing list.
7 >
8 > One other thought, get pulse audio out of the way and see if alsa is
9 > working.
10
11 To clarify: it works for me (TM), I don't need a solution. I am just
12 curious because I don't heed the warning and it still works.
13
14 My volumes are not the defaults, and they do get restored.
17 Please don't Cc: me privately on mailing lists and Usenet,
18 if you also post the followup to the list or newsgroup.
19 Do obvious transformation on domain to reply privately _only_ on Usenet.