From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Manually removing packages from world problem
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2015 22:48:18
1 João Matos wrote:
2 > Dear list,
3 >
4 > I was having problem with plasma, so I decided to change it.
5 >
6 > I've removed all packages related from world, changed the profile,
7 > erased use-related files from /etc/portage.
8 >
9 > Then I've used "emerge --depclean", that worked as should be.
10 >
11 > However, when I tried "emerge -avuDN world" I got a problem: portage
12 > tries to emerge all these world packages I removed before.
13 >
14 > What should be happening?
15 >
16 > Thank you all,
17 > --
18 > João Neto
19 > Linux User #461527
20 > http://br.linkedin.com/pub/jo%C3%A3o-de-matos/7/316/552
23 Try adding the -t option to emerge and it will tell you what is pulling
24 them in. Odds are, you have KDE installed and that is pulling it in.
25 Keep in mind, you should only add packages to world that you actually
26 use. Emerge will take care of pulling in the dependencies. For me, I
27 used kde-meta. It pulled in most everything I needed. Anything that
28 was missing, I emerged and had it add it to world. I have several
29 plasma packages installed but none of them are listed in the world file.
30
31 If the -t doesn't shed any light, post what it shows and maybe it will
32 help someone else see something, that is there or not there that should
33 be.
34
35 Dale
36