From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] burning HD mpeg4 to dvd
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 20:03:14
1 On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 2:43 PM, Joseph <syscon780@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Does anybody have any links, instructions, information etc. on how to burn
3 > HD video MPEG4 to DVD?
4 > I want to be able to play HD on TV and I don't want to reduce the quality.
5 >
6 > Do I need Blue-Ray dvd recorder to be able to play HD recording? Can
7 > standard DVD play HD mpeg4 files? I have new camera that records HD
8 > (1920x1080) mpeg4 movies, most files are below 3GB; is there a way to burn
9 > them into standard DVD on Linux.
10 > I'm familiar with standard MPEG2 format and burning but not HD MPEG4..
11
12 I confused when you say DVD if you mean DVD physical media or DVD format video.
13
14 If you want to convert to a normal DVD format there are plenty of
15 tools for that. My favorite is tovid.
16
17 f you want to burn Blu-Ray data files into DVD media, I guess just
18 build the Blu-Ray image and burn it. Same way you can burn DVD images
19 to CD if they are small enough. I have no idea if that'll work, but
20 that's what I would try. (I've never seen a Blu-Ray disc before so i
21 have no idea...)