From: JimD <Jim@×××××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Ethics of vmware use
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 01:02:04
1 Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC wrote:
2
3 > Yes, the mini was upgraded a few months ago. $599 gives you a 1.5ghz
4 > Core Solo, 512mb, etc and $799 gives you a 1.66ghz Core Solo, 512mb,
5 ^^^^
6 That would be the Duo ;)
7
8 > etc. You can go up to 2GB. They have a mediocre intel inegrated
9 > graphics of some sort (something 950) but for the price it is fine.
10 >
11 > I ordered a refurb $1.66ghz Core Duo Mini for $699 and had a $200 Apple
12 > Store coupon from their Aperture price reduction rebate, so it ended up
13 > being $499. Can't complain about that. :-) (I plan on leaving OS X on
14 > it but you could probably run Linux on it as well. I have a Cocoa OS X
15 > app I developed that I need to make run on Intel OS X)
16
17 Where can you find the refurbs? That sounds like a very good deal. Did
18 it come with a 5200 RPM SATA drive? I have one of those in my laptop
19 and they are pretty speedy. Not as fast as my 7200 RPM SATA II, but
20 much, much better than the old 4200 IDE laptop drives.
21
22 > <http://www.apple.com/macmini/>
23 >
24 > Google should help you find folks running Linux on them and how they did
25 > it.
26 >
27 > best
28 > Chad