From: Ricardo Bevilacqua <rus.spes@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Installing Gentoo 2007.1
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2008 01:56:24
1 2008/6/1 Norman Hakim <desprado_mariachi@×××××.com>:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > Actually i'm a newbie to Linux world but my final year project requires me
5 > to use Gentoo Linux as my platform. So can u assist me the easiest way to
6 > install Gentoo Linux 2007.1 and how to install stage3 as currently my pc is
7 > running windows xp and i would like to overwrite my windows with Gentoo
8 > Linux.
9 >
10 > Thank you.
11 >
12 > Regards,
13 > Norman Hakim
16 > NORMAN HAKIM YAHYA
17
18 Norman,
19
20 I believe that's a really good project =).
21
22 Let me introduce you to "Gentoo".
23
24 Gentoo is (in my opinion) one of the best documented Linux
25 distribution. You can check the Gentoo Handbook [1], which is a very
26 good step-by-step guide to install Gentoo on your system. It's
27 translated into German, English, French, Italian, Polish, Simplified
28 Chinese and Spanish. Take a look at it, I think that will answer your
29 question. If you have any other questions after reading the Gentoo
30 Handbook, we will be glad to answer you.
31
32 Regards,
33
34 Ricardo Bevilacqua.