From: Dirk Uys <dirkcuys@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Fwd: [gentoo-user] beagle and thunderbird
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 13:12:24
1 ---------- Forwarded message ----------
2 From: Nirbheek Chauhan <nirbheek.chauhan@×××××.com>
3 Date: Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 2:33 PM
4 Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] beagle and thunderbird
5 To: Dirk Uys <dirkcuys@×××××.com>
6 Cc: dashboard-hackers@×××××.org
9 On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 3:14 PM, Dirk Uys <dirkcuys@×××××.com> wrote:
10 [...]
11 > So I have app-misc/beagle-0.2.18 now, with USE-flags "eds gtk pdf
12 > python thunderbird xscreensaver", along
13 > mail-client/mozilla-thunderbird-2.0.0.14 ...
14 >
15 > And I have gnome-extra/deskbar-applet-2.20.3 installed for searching.
16 [...]
17 > "Google Summer of Code 2007 sponsored a beagle project on the
18 > Thunderbird backend. The work is finished and was merged in svn trunk
19 > in September, 2007. The thunderbird backend will be available in
20 > 0.3.0+."
21 >
22 > Should I unmask this unstable release to get the feature I am looking for?
23
24 You will have to keyword the following:
25
26 app-misc/beagle
27 dev-libs/libbeagle
28 dev-dotnet/dbus-sharp
29 dev-dotnet/dbus-glib-sharp
30 dev-dotnet/taglib-sharp
31
32 You will want to build Beagle with "-eds" otherwise that will add
33 additional deps on evolution-data-server etc which you probably don't
34 need since you use thunderbird.
35
36 Also, don't build Nautilus or Yelp with the "beagle" USE flag, the
37 stable versions (2.20) of both depend on beagle-0.2.18
38
39 If you face problems, feel free to mail this list or catch me
40 (bheekling) or Arun (Ford_Prefect) on #gentoo-desktop @ FreeNode or
41 #dashboard @ GimpNet (depending on whether the question is
42 gentoo-specific or beagle-specifi ;)
45 > Should things behave as I expect them to behave?
46
47 Beagle should behave, cedk (the maintainer) has kept the package in
48 good shape :)
51 > Do I have to configure something somewhere?
52
53 Probably not. Your profile will be migrated automatically. Once again,
54 feel free to contact me or Arun if you face problems. This will help
55 us as well since Arun has recently started pushing for getting Beagle
56 stabilised with GNOME 2.22, and we would appreciate it if we could get
57 some testers :)
60 ~Nirbheek Chauhan
61 --
62 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list