From: Stephen Liu <satimis@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Internet can't be accessed
Date: Sun, 03 Sep 2006 14:35:13
1 Hi folks,
2
3 After the failure on installing Gentoo by running
4 "install-amd64-minimal-2006.0". I wiped out the HD and started again.
5 This time I ran "install-amd64-minimal-2006.1", the lastes version.
6 However I encountered problem on networking, Internet access.
7
8 "adsl-setup" is not working on this version, instead, pppoe-setup
9 taking its place. After connecting broadband and working a while,
10 Internet can't be accessed for unknown reason.
11
12 # pppoe-status"
13 still showing it was connected. But ping URL and IP address failed.
14
15 # pppoe-start
16 pppoe-start : there already seems to be PPPoe connection up (PID 12139)
17
18 # pppoe-stop
19 Killing pppd (12583)
20 Killing pppoe - connect (12139)
21
22 # pppoe-start
23 never connected broadband again, unless reboot PC.
24
25 After reboot and working a while the same problem occurred again.
26 Please assist. TIA
27
28 B.R.
29 SL