From: Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Updating mysql-init-scripts to 2.0_pre1-r2 now Mysql restart fails!?
Date: Sun, 05 Feb 2012 19:47:10
1 On 2012-02-05 2:09 PM, Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org> wrote:
2 > just updated mysql from 5.1.56 to 5.1.61, and STILL have this problem...
3
4 after reviewing this problem, I'm thinking that maybe the problem with
5 stopping or restarting mysql is related to the post install elog warning
6 I got back in January when I updated the init scripts:
7
8 In the emerge post install I had:
9
10 WARN: postinst
11 Old /etc/init.d/mysql and /etc/conf.d/mysql still present!
12 Update both of those files to the new versions!
13
14 But it doesn't say anything about *how* to update them... and yes, I did
15 etc-update after updating the init scripts...
16
17 Is this documented anywhere? Or is this just evidence that I'm clueless
18 (meaning, I should 'just know' what needs to be done)?
19
20 Would someone who is not having this problem kindly send me their
21 /etc/init.d/mysq init script, and maybe even their /etc/conf.d/mysql
22 config file? Maybe comparing them will give me a clue...
23
24 Thanks to anyone for their assistance...
25
26 Charles