From: Whitt Madden <whittmadden@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Upgrading from Beryl to Compiz-fusion
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 21:51:22
1 I will second Albert's message. I didn't unmerge Beryl, and unlike Albert I
2 did have some issues.
3
4 On 9/13/07, Albert Hopkins <marduk@×××××××××××.org> wrote:
5 >
6 > On Thu, 2007-09-13 at 15:47 -0400, James Colby wrote:
7 > > All -
8 > >
9 > > Does anyone know if there is an upgrade path from Beryl to
10 > > Compiz-Fusion. I am currently running Beryl on my laptop and would
11 > > like to try out the new Compiz-Fusion. Do I need to unmerge the Beryl
12 > > packages before I install Compiz-Fusion?
13 >
14 > I didn't unmerge Beryl first and it worked.
15 >
16 > Nevertheless, I would still recommend:
17 >
18 > $ emerge -C beryl
19 > $ emerge -va --depclean
20 > $ # install fusion