From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] A lot of big files in /var/lib/mysql/ => /var full!
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 16:31:01
1 On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 11:25 AM, Jarry <mr.jarry@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 > today I discovered mysql is slowly eating my disk space!
4 > Actually, one web-server already had /var 98% full.
5 >
6 > After a little search I found more than 200 files in
7 > /var/lib/mysql/mysqld-bin.000001 -~ 000214 of various
8 > size, but together take ~10GB of disk space. Yet phpmyadmin
9 > shows I have only one database ~15MB. So what is all this
10 > mysqld-bin.* crap doing in /var/lib/mysql? I increased
11 > /var, but it does not solve the problem. How can I prevent
12 > mysql from filling up my whole /var partition?
13
14 It is the binary transacton log. In your mysql config file you can set
15 the maximum age or amount of disk space these logs are allowed to use,
16 or disable it entirely.