From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: How's the openrc update going for everyone?
Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 14:02:36
1 On Wed, 11 May 2011 15:33:02 +0300, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
2
3 > The second file is /etc/locale.gen. On my system:
4 >
5 > en_US ISO-8859-1
6 > en_US.UTF-8 UTF-8
7 >
8 > I don't know why I have the first line there. I guess it's a fallback.
9 > The second line must be the same as what you used in env.d/02locale,
10 > with " UTF-8" appended to it. After you change that file, you must
11 > rebuild sys-libs/glibc.
12
13 You don't need to rebuild glibc, just run locale-gen.
17 Neil Bothwick
18
19 When you finally buy enough memory, you will not have enough disk space.
20 -- Murphy's Computer Laws n\xB03