From: Daniel Vrcic <daniel.vrcic@××××××××.hr>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Ktoon
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 12:36:27
1 * Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> [05-08-17 09:59]:
2 > On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 02:21:24 +0200, Daniel Vrcic wrote:
3 > > For one-time use you can do the following:
4 > >
5 > > # export PATH=/usr/qt/3/bin:$PATH
6 > >
7 > > Then you can compile your program from the same terminal you typed the
8 > > command above.
9 > >
10 > > For long-term use you should add that command to your shell's
11 > > configuration file. If your shell is bash (default) then that conf. file
12 > > will be $HOME/.bashrc .
13 > This should already be set up when you installed qt.
14
15 Hmm, haven't noticed that before. Probably beacuse my Qt lib is
16 installed from GRP.
17
18 > [nelz@krikkit ~]$ cat /etc/env.d/45qt3
19 > PATH=/usr/qt/3/bin
20 > ROOTPATH=/usr/qt/3/bin
21 > LDPATH=/usr/qt/3/lib
22 > QMAKESPEC=linux-g++
23 > MANPATH=/usr/qt/3/doc/man
24 >
25 > System wide paths should be put in /etc/env.d, don't forget to run
26 > etc-update after doing so.
27
28 s/etc-update/env-update
29
30 Oh, this is the "Gentoo way". Thanks Neil for clearing that up. I was
31 looking for that kind of solution.
34 Daniel Vrcic
35 --
36 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list