From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Stable users: libpng-1.4
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2010 08:19:18
1 On Tue, 6 Jul 2010 05:36:47 +0000 (UTC), Grant Edwards wrote:
2
3 > > What's wrong with dropping back to a text login on the odd occasions
4 > > that X or the DE fails to start?
5 >
6 > Nothing, as long as it works. Sometimes it doesn't. Then it helps to
7 > be able to log in to a console prompt and do something like this:
8 >
9 > $ startxfce4& (sleep 20; killall X)
10
11 In that case I'd either SSH in from another machine (or my phone) or
12 reboot with gentoo=nox.
16 Neil Bothwick
17
18 mandelbug /man'del-buhg/ n.
19 [from the Mandelbrot set] A
20 bug whose underlying causes are so complex and obscure as to make
21 its behavior appear chaotic or even non-deterministic. This term
22 implies that the speaker thinks it is a Bohr bug, rather than
23 a heisenbug. See also schroedinbug.