From: Alexander Puchmayr <alexander.puchmayr@×××××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Skype && pulseaudio
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 13:12:38
1 Am Montag 22 Februar 2010 10:48:37 schrieb David Abbott:
2 > On Mon, 2010-02-22 at 08:38 +0100, Alexander Puchmayr wrote:
3 > > Hi there!
4 > >
5 > > The 2.1.x-Version of Skype seems to use pulseaudio if it finds a
6 > > pulsaudio- deamon running, and doesn't allow to chose the audio device in
7 > > this case.
8 > >
9 > > What I want to have is very simple:
10 > > * Ringtone and any other sound produced by skype shall go to the internal
11 > > sound device with loudspeakers connected
12 > > * Audiostream for talking to someone shall go to the USB-Headset.
13 > >
14 > > How do I configure this?
15 > >
16 > > What I've tried so far:
17 > > * pacmd shows skype as single client. I couldn't find a way to redirect
18 > > it to the headset
19 > > * I've installed padevchoser, but it only allows me to change the default
20 > > device, and the setting seems to be ignored by skype.
21 > >
22 > > Thanks
23 > > Alex
24 >
25 > Did you try pavucontrol and select your input and output devices?
26 >
27 Just tried this tool, but it seems to be a complete failure. Just gives a box
28 with "connection refused", but no information what it tries to connect to. The
29 pulseaudio-deamon itself is running, and I can connect to it via pacmd without
30 any problem.
31
32 Alex