From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] New Install
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2016 20:36:27
1 On Sat, 24 Sep 2016 16:15:01 +0000 (UTC), Christopher Robinson wrote:
2
3 > Thank you for at least responding to my question. I did try creating a
4 > password in root, but I could not boot from there.
5
6 As Rich said, if you can't boot, the password is not the problem. What is
7 the error message you get when trying to boot?
8
9 > I will check out
10 > the other manual suggestion. I had tried Systemrescue CD earlier, but
11 > it displayed in a tiny screen resolution, unreadable even with a
12 > magnifying lens.
13
14 Press C or E (depending on which kernel you want) at the main menu and
15 you'll get several more options including choices of screen resolution.
19 Neil Bothwick
20
21 A Microsoft joke (is that a tautology?)