From: Benno Schulenberg <benno.schulenberg@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] shopping for a laptop - tools to bring
Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 15:19:33
1 Devon Miller wrote:
2 > I am in the process of shopping for a new linux laptop.
3 >
4 > I'm currently running on an HP Pavilion ze1000 with an upgraded
5 > disk. It mostly works, but the VIA graphics chips means no
6 > compositing, no beryl, and anything OpenGL is slow.
7
8 If OpenGL acceleration is a must, you really have only one choice:
9 get a laptop with an Intel integrated graphics chip, GMA 950. It's
10 the only chip with an open source driver that is supported by the
11 vendor. It's working pretty well here.
12
13 Benno
14 --
15 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list