From: Frank Steinmetzger <Warp_7@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] photo viewer other than gthumb?
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2012 16:30:11
1 On Thu, Mar 08, 2012 at 10:25:09PM -0800, Bryan Gardiner wrote:
2
3 > > gwenview. Part of KDE suite and depends on KDE libraries. Also,
4 > > F-Spot (It's a photo manager I guess).
7 > Here's another vote for Gwenview... Once it's set up to have all of
8 > Gthumb's keyboard shortcuts ;).
9
10 The only thing I don't really like about gwenview is its low speed. It takes a
11 few seconds to load when I just want to see an image, and also needs some time
12 to render the next image. For that purpose, kuickshow is a better alternative.
13 It also pages through images much faster, at the cost of quality (though this
14 can be configured) and a little jerkiness when the image gets displayed.
15 --
16 Gruß | Greetings | Qapla'
17 I forbid any use of my email addresses with Facebook services.
18
19 There are those and those. But there are more of those than those.