From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] FLAC to mp3 converters?
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2008 01:12:34
1 On Thu, Nov 6, 2008 at 1:56 AM, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 > On Wed, 5 Nov 2008 20:55:33 -0800, Mark Knecht wrote:
3 >
4 >> Most of the tracks were ripped over the last
5 >> couple of years using KDE which prepends a track number on the file
6 >> name
7 >>
8 >> 01_Track1Name.flac
9 >> 02_Track2Name.flac
10 >>
11 >> I'd like to remove the track numbers but I don't see a way to do this
12 >> yet.
13 >
14 > You can change this in Kcontrol->Sound->Audio CDs under the Names tab.
15 >
16 > Use something like krename to rename the existing tracks, or do it with
17 > renamexm on the command line
18 >
19 > renamexm -s'/^[0-9][0-9]_//r' **/*.mp3
22 > --
23 > Neil Bothwick
24 >
25 > I've found a solution to Fermat's Last Theorem but I see I've run out of room o
28 Neil,
29 Thanks. I'll give it a try and report back any results. I guess I'm
30 only moderately confident as I'm not clear how the group of MP3 files
31 keeps the original track order. Are those written into the MP3 file by
32 the converter? Where does it get the info if I've removed the track
33 numbers from the file names. Is it already in the FLAC files?
34
35 Anyway, I'll give it a try on a few directories and see how it works.
36
37 Cheers,
38 Mark