From: Stefano Crocco <stefano.crocco@×××××.it>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Portage GUI interfaces...
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 10:07:05
1 On Thursday 25 February 2010, BRM wrote:
2 > |I am interested in finding a GUI interface for working with portage,
3 > |preferably for KDE4. Namely b/c I am getting a little tired of having
4 > |konsole windows open and not being able to keep track of where I am in
5 > |the emerge update process - something a GUI _ought_ to be able to
6 > |resolve.
7 > |
8 > |In googling, I noticed Kuroo, but it's no longer maintained (nearly 2
9 > |years out of date now, so it would have to have been KDE3) so it's been
10 > |understandably removed from mainline portage - though I also noticed
11 > |information on a Kuroo overlay.
12 > |
13 > |And I also came across Porthole; however, all versions are marked
14 > |Unstable/Testing (~) at the moment.
15 > |
16 > |Can anyone give some advice on these or others?
17 > |
18 > |
19 > |Ben
20
21 You can try the plasma-emergelog plasmoid
22 (http://www.kde-look.org/content/show.php/plasma-emergelog?content=103928).
23 There are ebuilds for the 0.0.1, 0.02 and development version in the kde
24 overlay. This isn't a GUI interface for portage: it simply displays the last
25 entries of the emerge log file (it also works with paludis and pkgcore) and is
26 updated as the log file changes.
27
28 Stefano