From: Kent Fredric <kentfredric@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Open Relay - What Happened?
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 07:06:25
1 On 6/29/07, Randy Barlow <randy@×××××××××××××××××.com> wrote:
2 > Vladimir Rusinov wrote:
3 > > You have problems with client restrictions.
4 > > It is very weird that spammer haven't attacked your server since November.
5 >
6 > Thanks for your help Vladimir, I believe my e-mail server is secure now!
7 >
8 > --
9 > Randy Barlow
10 > http://electronsweatshop.com
11 >
12 > But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people
13 > for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him
14 > who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light. Once you were
15 > not a people, but now you are God's people; once you had not received
16 > mercy, but now you have received mercy. ~1 Peter 2:9-10
17 >
18 > --
19 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
24 Just be aware bounce-mails are not nessicarily an indication of a
25 compromised box. Lately some spammers have learn't they can double
26 their audience and halve their own send rate by putting victim1 as the
27 "to" address, and victim2 as the "from" field, so that way when
28 servers send a 'sorry, cant deliver this message' it bascially acts
29 as a open-relay-on-bounce ( if theres any doubt, check the headers of
30 the bounced message, sometimes you'll find your server never touched
31 it )
32 --
33 Kent
34 ruby -e '[1, 2, 4, 7, 0, 9, 5, 8, 3, 10, 11, 6, 12, 13].each{|x|
35 print "enNOSPicAMreil kdrtf@×××.com"[(2*x)..(2*x+1)]}'
36 --
37 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list